Sunday, January 28, 2007

Thoughts on Hewlett Packard Photosmart C7180 printer

YAY!! I have a photo printer! The decision was based on the fact that I want to be able to print out some of the photos that I have taken and be able to experiment with the colours and such... If I was to do the same thing by taking the adjusted photos to the shop and printing them, it would have required more time and the large prints would have been more expensive.

I printed three prints in total last night, to see what this printer was capable of...

The first print was a portrait picture of my girlfriend. The colours were mostly dark apart from the face. It was printed on HP advanced photo paper. Most of the photo was reproduced flawlessly, apart from the top right corner. In that corner I noticed some obvious noise in the blending of the reds and darks. I had a look else where on the photo to see whether the other reds had the same kind of noise. Near the center of the photo, next to the guy in white, there is a pinkish tint window with a white background. There is hardly any noise in that. These are observations of the first print I did, more 4x6 prints with different colours needs to be done to check out other colour blending.


The second print I did was an A4 print of the top of Aiguille Du Midi in Chamonix.
This print is composed of mostly blue and white colours. There were no noticeable noise on the picture at all! This is quite amazing, but I am guessing there isn't the same kind of blend as the first print, the redish and darkish blend.


The final print I did was quite similar to the second print, and it turned out to be about the as the same as the second print. Almost flawless!


All in all, I am quite happy with this investment. I still have to play with negatives scanning, general scanning and printing more photos of different colours.


Finally, bring on more devices that connect to the computer via wireless ethernet! There is only one wire going into this printer and thats the power cable! awesome!

No comments: