Sunday, October 21, 2007

First Week in the UK

Still jet lagged and awake at the oddest times of the night, I reflect on the first week of being here for the first week.

From day 1, as soon as I arrived at Joe's place, I started hunting for a place without much success. Didn't find anything but discovered I needed a lot of information just to be able to rent a place, which didn't help.

Had an interview with Bite Consulting and was told of their services, but after some research I discovered that their services costed too much.

Finally found a really nice place on Wednesday and now just waiting for approval from the landlord. For 190 pounds pw inclusive of all bills and Internet and in Canary's Wharf, who could resist.

Had a record long interview (3.5 hours) with Aspiren on thursday, and it was all positive from them and the agent. It all depends on the remaining candidates.

Also had an interview on Friday with Accenture and it was all positive from them too.

I should hear back next week as to whether I have a job(s) or not.

Also got my bank account setup. I can get paid when I get a job!

All in all, a productive week, when I thought I had nothing much to do.

Just some random pictures from the first week of life in the UK.

A thing for Islamic people living in Britain at Trafalgar square.



Thousands of motorbikes going through the city. Guessing to raise awarness for motor bikes on the road.

Going out to watch the Rugby World Cup.

Random picture.

London china town.

No comments: